📚 Linux Electron Onenote - A Linux compatible version of OneNote
Project maintained by patrikx3
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
📚 P3X OneNote Linux v2024.4.114
Bugs are evident™ - MATRIX️
A Linux compatible version of OneNote
P3X OneNote Linux is, actually, an independent browser window for the online OneNote. You can use this program without having to clutter your browser. The main functions are:
- that is independent from any browser, as it works in it’s own process
- it provides a tray, that allows you to close your browser while it keeps running in the tray
- the data is cached and is faster than always opening a new window
- it allows you to sign in with the corporate or the personal login
- when there is a new update, it auto updates itself
- the program allows to use other Microsoft online applications, but the dedicated purpose is to use OneNote
Verbose feature info
- Dark mode is enabled (but it is a hack, not supported by Microsoft, so quirky)
- To show the menu, click ALT
- Desktop menu
- You can use the
--minimized argument to start the app with minimized window
- You can zoom the window
- There is a bottom bar
- It shows the current location
- When you click on this bar, the location URL is copied into the clipboard
- There is a new button on the Edit menu
- Copy this location to the clipboard
- This is the same function that is on the bottom bar when you click on it
- Restart button (empty your cache, you can login again if there is an error)
- Remember last notebook (as much Online Onenote allows …)
- Menu > Settings
- Close to the tray
- If checked, will minimize to the tray instead of quit
- If un-checked, default quit close button behaviour (quit the app)
- You are able to set a proxy in the settings menu.
- There is now a menu called
- Given, I do not have a
Corporate login, I cannot debug it at all.
- If something is not working, the only way is to provide your login and I could probably fix it. Otherwise, I see nothing.
- The OneNote language is controlled by Microsoft, and we try to work with Online OneNote, but we are getting a hard time, but the Electron UI is now able to use any language.
- You can translate any language @
- Allows using multiple instances (with some quirks, as the config will not be synchronized using multiple instances at once, so it can provide wrong results - to make it to work, configure with 1 instance, exit, then use multiple instances).
- Multiple instances is not recommended (it was requested and provided).
It was a request to build a Windows version. Issue 168
AppImage, deb, rpm
AppImage, dep and rpm auto update itself.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:appimagelauncher-team/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install appimagelauncher
After downloading the
AppImage, make it an executable.
mkdir -p $HOME/opt
mv ~/Downloads/p3x-onenote-a.b.c-x86_64.AppImage $HOME/opt/
chmod +x $HOME/opt/p3x-onenote-a.b.c-x86_64.AppImage
# Then you can run it
The app can be found on ElectronJs Apps and search for
P3X, you will find it.
If you are a NodeJs Ninja
You want to install via NPM…
For file names do not use camelCase, but use kebab-case. Folder should be named as kebab-case as well. As you can see, all code filenames are using it like that, please do not change that.
Please apply the
.editorconfig settings in your IDE.
If you try to build the app with AppImage, you have to change from
devDependencies, this is because it is created to be able to run this app from
NPM instead of an
Ubuntu distro, you can use:
P3X OneNote Linux playground
Corifeus P3X OneNote Linux
AlternativeTo OneNote Linux
NPM P3X OneNote
🙏 This is an open-source project. Star this repository, if you like it, or even donate to maintain the servers and the development. Thank you so much!
Possible, this server, rarely, is down, please, hang on for 15-30 minutes and the server will be back up.
All my domains (patrikx3.com and corifeus.com) could have minor errors, since I am developing in my free time. However, it is usually stable.
Note about versioning: Versions are cut in Major.Minor.Patch schema. Major is always the current year. Minor is either 4 (January - June) or 10 (July - December). Patch is incremental by every build. If there is a breaking change, it should be noted in the readme.
P3X-ONENOTE Build v2024.4.114